Commercial trucks like delivery trucks are a kind of threat to small vehicles and passengers. Not only the truck drivers should be careful about the dangers presented by their large and unwieldy driven vehicles, but other drivers also need to be extra conscious in their driving and presence on the road. A minor driving error like failing the signal before crossing can result in a catastrophe when there involves an eighteen-wheeler, that too at high speeds.
Here is a discussion about some common situations that can occur or contribute to deadly commercial truck accidents. Speaking of the involvement of a lawyer dealing with a truck accident is a must or to know about laws related to truck accident for more information.
Accidents Caused Due to Passenger Vehicle Drivers:
Passenger vehicle drivers (mainly cars) are often to blame for accidents with large commercial trucks. The common type of unsafe act committed by drivers involved in collisions is to ignore a truck’s performance capabilities, such as limits associated with overtaking via the wrong side and visibility based on size.
Most common acts committed by a car driver in the along with a large truck which often leads to truck accidents include:
- Driving in the “No-Zones” – there are areas behind and beside a truck where the truck drivers have limited or zero visibility of the road.
- Rush or abrupt changes of lanes in front of a truck.
- Manoeuvring to those sides of a truck to which it’s taking a turn
- Misjudging the speed of an approaching truck at a point of an intersection and making a turn in front of the truck
- Merging improperly into the traffic that leads a truck to maneuver or to apply brake quickly
- Failing to slow down or to take up speed when a truck begins to switch lanes or to merge
- Unsafely passing by, especially passing with insufficient headway
- Overtaking a truck, then strolled out of position due to air turbulence or crosswind.
- Driving in the middle of large trucks.
- Abandoning vehicles in the travel lane or failing to get a disabled vehicle completely out of the highway
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMSCA) provides a safety section with tips and resources for commercial truck drivers and other motorists.
Truck Accidents Due to Carelessness of Commercial Truck Drivers
Big rig and other commercial truck drivers are generally skilled and patient. However, in addition to the dangers that can inherit because of the size and weight of the trucks that were used in commercial transportation and shipping work are generally taken lightly. A number of characteristics involved in the business which contributes to the accidents. These include:
- Inadequate training to the driver and improper use of the technique
- A driver should be compensated with the proper amount of rest after each course of the trip in order to continue work smoothly. Which they don’t get.
- Unrealistic time schedules and vast expectations of the trucking companies that force the drivers to hurry carelessly, despite the safety risks involved.
If you’ve been injured by a commercial truck, you may claim for compensation. The first step in learning about your rights is to consult with an experienced truck accident attorney. That way, you’ll be able to know more about the strong points of your case will able to make crucial decisions going forward.
How will you select a truck wreck attorney?
Consider the following:
Level of comfort– Are you comfortable telling the personal information to the truck accident legal practitioner? Does the particular lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
Lawyer’s Credentials – How long has the truck accident specialized lawyer been in practice? Has he/she worked on other cases similar to yours?
Fee structure– How are the lawyer’s fees structured – hourly or flat fee? Can the attorney estimate the probable cost of your specific case?
Location of law firm – Is the lawyer’s office conveniently located, or, can you easily reach there?
If you have faced any truck accident recently, lost your loved ones and property, career, etc., get in touch with a reputed truck accident lawyer in your area to get the deserved justice. Keep all the documents intact so that your truck wreck lawyer can take your case to the trial and get you the maximum compensation.