When we heard the word women empowerment it is self-explanatory that promotes women’s sense of self-worth, women’s ability to determine their own feelings, emotions and choices and their right to influence socially change for themselves and others too…
There are several measures such as: intelligence, success, kindness are the most valuable factors to make women feel empowered. When you thinking for women’s empowerment programs, keep some role models in your mind like mothers, wives, workers, etc.
Women empowerment defined in five separate categories including here:
- Social– Social empowerment could be one of the most prominent factors of empowerment shown in the mainstream media.
- Educational– Every girl must have the right to take education, if a girl educated, can take better decision, able to educate families and communities.
- Economic– Things to do with: jobs, money, needs and wants.
- Political– Should have equal rights in government, voting and politics.
- Psychological- They should feel equality in food, language, clothing, religion, customs and history.
Why is girl’s empowerment programme being important in our society?
Empowering a woman in terms of health and social development of families, communities and countries. We should know that if women are living safe, fulfilled and productive lives, they also can reach up to their full potential. Empowering girl is the success key to economic growth, political growth and social change.
Women and youth empowerment skills:
Here are some natural skills that needs to implement to empower women and youth empowerment.
- Life Coping Skills,
- Manipulative Skills,
- Intellectual Skills,
- Communicative Skills and
- Artistic Skills.
There are various factors to empower a woman:
- Model self-acceptance
- Don’t focus on her looks
- Let her be adventurous and rowdy
- Seek out strong female role models
- Talk to her about feminism
- Talk to her about sex
- Help her find her passion
- Watch women’s sports
- Girls should take stand up for herself
How do you empower yourself?
- Develop a Positive Attitude.
- Set Reasonable Goals.
- Surround Yourself with Positive People.
- Practice Self-Care.
- Use Positive Self-Talk.
- Be Assertive.
- Create an Action List.
Empowerment women is important in every society. Females must have the right to control their bodies, reproduction, finances, health and have equal rights about communities and the decisions that affect themselves and their families. Women can also contribute to business, community leadership and family life and have belief if everyone is happier when women are empowered!
PLATFORM for the NEEDY (PLANE) is a humanitarian organisation advocating for the rights of vulnerable children and women in Kabarole, Western Uganda. The PLANE has developed potential capacity and recognition in enhancing reproductive health programme, orphan sponsorship program, advocacy for the protection of children’s rights with emphasis on girl child education, women and youth empowerment, gender based violence advocacy and improving lives of vulnerable children.